It was appropriated from Cesar Chavez, one of Obie's speechwriters came up with it one late night after drinking wine and smoking cigarettes and Obie thought it would resonate. Si se puede == yes we can

BtB probably stole it too.

--R

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
No it was stolen from Bob the builder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWKhYQarJU
See Bob the builder does beat Joe the plumber.
Wonder whether Hillary will join the crew.
I suppose we can insert our own favorite crew members....

*BOB THE BUILDER*

Bob the Builder!
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder!
Yes we can!

Scoop, Muck and Dizzy,
And Roley too.
Lofty and Wendy
Join the crew.
Bob and the gang
Have so much fun.
Working together
They get the job done.

Bob the Builder!
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder!
Yes we can! (I think so!)

Pilchard and Bird,
Travis and Spud.
Playing together
Like good friends should.

Bob the Builder!
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder!
Yes we can! (Yes!)

*Obama the Politician

*Obama the Politician
Can we fix it?
Obama the Politician
Yes we can!

Hillary, Bill and Colin
and Joe too.
Rahm and John
join the crew
Obama and the gang
have so much fun.
Working together
they get the job done..........

Hendrik
with a bit of midnight silliness

Zoltan Finks wrote:
This slogan is too similar to that of a realty outfit from the 80s. Century
21 was it? Theirs was Yes You Can!
Brian