120 film suffers badly from lack of film plane flatness -- it's thin film rolled into a tight spool, then unwound intermittantly and stretched across a 6 cm square hole very slightly looser than the paper backing. Not an ideal situation, and the older the film, the worse the problem.

Just for fun, put a roll of bad film into a 120 camera sometime and remove the lens and open the shutter. You can see the lack of flatness....

Peter