Yeah, don't push that too hard. With a 6-car garage, you shouldn't have
to. Besides, it sounds like it's your wife's turn for something nice.

Eight-car garage.  Did I imply the house didn't have a garage
before I put on the extension?  :-)  Even so we've got as many
cars outside as in, right now.

She does get something nice:  empty space with none of my
crap in it.  A bigger deck.  A bigger entryway.  And a porch.
And the opportunity to furnish/decorate it at her whim.  Along
with choosing new carpet for the house as well.

-- Jim