Ok Don wrote: "I might find out if they wil go the distance - one of them has
over 330,000 miles already, but sure doesn't act like it."

The other one has got to be getting close.  I am convinced that those are the
MB diesels that will set the mileage marks.  And they are such fun to drive, it
wouldn't be bad driving them at 600,000 miles. Assuming (as someone mentioned)
that the rest of the body doesn't fall apart.

Your 300D 2.5 also proves one of Marshall's old mantras wrong. He said Mercedes
diesel auto trannys only lasted 150-200,000.  I know at least one of yours has
(at least) 250,000 on the original tranny.

Donald H. Snook