Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
Well as a matter of fact said car is up your way, which does not mean you can steal it out from under me. Im fixing to break my buying freeze I think. The guy bought it off a bank, who repoed it when the owner quit paying. I guess they blew it up. It only has 144k on it. Guy said if you pull the air cleaner the cam case is cracked. Im figuring this to mean the valve covers are cracked from a broken timing chain. He said it turns over fine but he has not tried to start it.

Interesting. The air cleaner doesn't really obscure the timing chest, where a broken chain would hit. I'll try to make it out there and have a peek. That has got to be a new world record for cheapest 140.

Tom