From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:22 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 2wd vs 4wd

My standard practice is to go in with 2wd so I can come out in 4wd...

A co-worker back when I was working as a land surveyor's assistant for my
Dad had just bought a Ford Ranger. We had to go into the bush for a job and
it was easier to put the equipment in his brand new pickup than my Jimmy. He
had us in 4wd immediately and had the pickup stuck in the first mud hole. I
climbed out through the sliding rear window (I was the youngest and riding
in the jump seat) and walked back to get my Jimmy. Snatched the Ford out and
proceeded to drive through the same mud hole in 2wd. City kid (the
co-worker) had never driven in mud before, thought it was like a truck
commercial and you were supposed to get into the mud and hit the throttle...

-Curt