I drove a 71-1/2 Pinto Fastback (the one with the big back window) as the third
in the chain of hand-me-downs through the family.  Dad bought it new for Mom,
big brother got it next, then I got it.  It was in good shape when I got it,
despite my brother having owned it (not a car person) and I recall putting many
trouble-free miles on it.  Mine had the 2000cc inline OHC 4 banger which was
only used for a couple of years.  A good engine that was tough to kill.

And yes, it was one covered by the infamous exploding gas tank recall....

Dan