My daughter asked me about the longest range wireless
router in N. She is at camp Victory and a bunch of the
people got together and bought a used satellite dish
from some of the guys who were coming home. They live
in three trailers with foot thick concrete blast walls
between them. They have two access points on two of
the trailers but since she is the only one in the
third trailer in on the deal there is no router there
and her computer doesn't get the signal. So she wants
to buy a router that she can use when she gets back. I
don't understand how a wireless router will get the
signal when her laptop can¢t but I think it is just
the size of the antenna on the laptop vs. the one on
the router. That would mean I guess that she would
connect her laptop to the router with a cable and use
that or can she just connect to it wireless without a
computer connected to the router with a cable? Anyway
I know there was talk about that on the list a while
back but I didn't pay much attention to it so if any
of you have an opinion I would be happy to pass it on
to her.

Thanks,
Manfred