Rich Thomas wrote:
This morning I took the travel cup and made a design for the cup holder to fit in the 300SD console. Cut a piece of cherry, planed it to 3/8" thick, put it on the CNC machine and cut a cup hole and the Benz logo. Made some rails to fit in the console, glued them on, now waiting for it to dry so I can put some finish on it.

You could mass produce the lid, either with or without hole, and semi talented listers could make their own (never visible, could even be pine from a 2x4) mounting rails to fit their cars.

Mitch
(sent from the cheapo Compaq with the O/S from heck or Redmond, whichever is worse)