I had a Mercury Topaz diesel same diesel engine as the Ford Escort, it was a
Mazda diesel engine. Was not a bad car except the starter was $750 new in
1996, found a rebuilt one for $300. Replaced starter 4 times under warranty,
when warranty went out I threw car away. I purchased the car for $200 site
unseen, rolled into shop I was working at on Friday mid day, primed injector
pump and slapped tags on it. Then on Monday drove it to key west from
Raleigh NC on spring break. Luckly it had a manual transmission thus when
starter died I could roll start it.

Another problem with car is gas station attendants would run out and yell at
me as I pumped diesel in the car.

Trampas