my technet download says you dont have to have a key but will need one within 30 days. The one on the regular website doesnt say anything about it. When is the regular version supposed to come out?

OK Don wrote:
I don;t know for sure, but there is the possibility that it will be
changed at production time such that updates will no longer work. This
is the FIRST public beta of the OS - use at your own risk. do NOT
expect it to work great. It's meant for you to help find bugs in, and
to get ready for what's coming when the final version is released.