RLE Writes:

<<Another lister mentioned it, and it has been said on here in the past
that
PPG is the OEM supplier of glass.? You should be able to find a
local place that will install PPG, and it should be much cheaper than the
dealer's.? Probably about in-line with the Triumph quote...>>

PPG has been one of the factory suppliers but my '01 C320's glass is all
Pilkington. And, when it's pitted windshield was replaced this year (paid
for
willing by my insurance), the new one is a PPG. And, it's not quite like
the
original in that the mask is painted on the inside surface instead of
between the
two. Which means that my Valentine 1's suction cups won't stick to it,
necessitating mounting it a bit farther to the right. At the top.

All this excitement about OE puzzles me since none of these cars are or
will
ever be collector's items anyway and windshields are a maintenance item
which
need to be changed every few years for safety's sake. Angelo's reasoning is

spot on. Looking through a new glass makes you wonder why you waited so
long to
change it.

On the other hand, if you are cheaper than Ebenezer

RLE
So, the Pilkington windshield had to be replaced in ~4 years due to pitting
and the PPG is not like the OE either?  Is it holding up any better?

And yah, I know, it's no collector's item or classic....just a diesel <vbg>

Angelo Giaimo/Fishkill/IBM @ IBMUS
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(845)894-4296 (tie 533); fax: 892-6235 (tie 532);
2070 Rt. 52; Hopewell Junction, N.Y. 12533