Curt Raymond wrote:
I think we can all agree you're not the average car buyer...
Neither am I for that matter.

The 300 starts at about $28k. Chevy Impala $25k.
Buick LaCrosse $25k
Buick Lucerne $28k
Ford Taurus $25k
Toyota Camry $20K
Toyota Solara $21K
Toyota Avalon $28K
Honda Accord $21K

Don't know how most of those go new, but I've seen current year and one year old used Impalas for $12-13k, or $13.5-14k for Impala LT.

Donald Snook wrote:

> 2003 Lexus ES300 (very nice car with only 23,000 miles) or 2006 Honda Pilot EX

I'd take the Camry, it's got to be cheaper and more comfortable. (but I'm not impressed with the ES300 MPG ratings compared to a Malibu or Impala)

Mitch.