I mention this because I know you can't save if you are paused (two vertical
lines in button) but you can if you are stopped (square icon in button).
Otherwise, beats me.

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Loren Faeth
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:39
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Audacity recording

To Scott,  I am pretty sure i used stop.  I tried to record from the
end, and then stop, and that did not seem to work.  I tried play from
the beginning and stop and that did not work either.

I was able to select all from the edit menu, but with all selected,
the file menu options are still very limited, and there is no save or save
as

with a short selectiuon i tried using the cut button, with no result,
and in the edit menu, cut is grayed out.

To Luther:  No, no progress.

Thanks to all for the ideas.  this is weird.  Anyone got any new ideas?

At 08:40 AM 1/24/2009, you wrote:
>did you get anywhere with this?
>
>Luther
>
>Loren Faeth wrote:
>>OK, Youse guys recommended Audacity.
>>
>>I think I was successful to record from a microphone with it.  At
>>least there are lots of squiggles on the chart that scrolls across.
>>
>>It won't let me save what I apparently have.  The Save is grayed
>>out as are a lot of other things on the various menus.  I tried to
>>highlight the recording , but that didn't seem to make the save as
>>show up.  I have tried lots of things, but can't get it to save.  I
>>don't really want to loose the recording.  The audacity help is
>>helpless in this case.  What am I missing?

>--
>
>--
>Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
>'87 300SDL (281,xxx mi)
>'85 Ford F250 6.9 diesel (x59,xxx mi) BioBeast
>'82 300CD (183 kmi)
>'82 300D  (74 kmi) getting donor engine-sold
>'85 300D (280,176) parts car sans engine "The Accordion"

Loren Faeth