E M wrote:
I don't mind the Canadian winters, but they do go on a little longer than I
like.

Some retiree friends of mine bought a trailer in an 'over 55' park.
First trailer was a single wide, cost them about $10k. They got more than that when the tornado clobbered it two years ago, but the double wide they bought in the same park cost them over $50k (seller's market when 1/3 of the people in the park were suddenly homeless). Lot rent is very cheap, trailer tax is negligible, something like $40 a year, and it's a 'nice' environment, but lots of little old ladies with nothing better to do than complain if you park a car with visible rust in the driveway, or dare to work on it onsite.

Mitch.