You know most of those crash tests we see are done at about 35mph.  If you
insist on driving it like that, is there anyway to swing that knee slicer
around to the top, and away from your legs?

Then again, knowing it's there to take a knee or leg off at any moment may
make you a better driver, or more cautious one anyway.  A high ranking
Porsche fellow I once knew said, the very best safety item you could put on
any car would be a big spike pointing straight out of the steering wheel,
towards your chest.  You would never stop thinking about the distance
between you and the car in front of you or how much braking distance you
will need the next time you go for the brake pedal. lol.  Guess 'there would
be no chance to learn for your mistakes though. lol

I think we've become a bit too comfortable in our modern cars, but I don't
know if I'm quite ready for a spike protruding from my steering wheel yet,
or even a big metal collar with carriage bolts dangling over my kneecaps.
hee hee

Ed
300E