Tom Hargrave wrote:
Kaleb,

"Speed rating" is about a lot more then speed. Speed rating also affects how
the tires handle. H rated tires have much stiffer sidewalls than S rated
tires and since the tires are an active part of a car's suspension,
downgrading from H to S rating, particularly the front tires, will have a
negative impact on how the car handles. Downgrading also greatly reduces
front tire tread life because the more flexible sidewalls allow more tread
to be scuffed off in turns.

What he said. A 140 is a pretty hefty car and flimsy tires do it no favors at all. I just put Bridgestone Turanzas on my S420 and they're about the perfect tire for the car. Much nicer than the Michelins they replaced, or the Contis or no-name POS tires on other 140s I've driven.

Expensive, but they have a 70k mile treadlife warranty which I expect to collect on (these cars chew up tires pretty quickly), as long as I go back to Firestone every 6,000 miles so they can rotate them and steal my metal valve stem caps (again).

Tom