On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:20:16 -0600 John Robbins <je...@msstate.edu> wrote:

> http://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewproduct.cfm?productID=453055819

> Check out the install instructions.  You can tell the PID controller how
> aggressive its gains need to be, you can set the cycles per hour

Sounds very flexible!

> Also, the thermostat will guarantee that the compressor has five minutes
> of off time between cycles to prevent damage to the compressor (say
> there is a power outage or something).

We don't have any compressors so that's not a concern.

> Total overkill, but I'm a gadget freak...

I understand.

> The thermostat may not be worth the $200 price tag in my area, but as
> cold as it gets up there you might recover it in fairly short order.

The one you mentioned is 3 stages of heat and 2 of cool. All we need is
one stage of heat. The TH8110U1003 does the job we need and is cheaper at
other websites, specifically,

http://www.pexsupply.com/categories.asp?cID=394&brandid=

> Maybe there are some of these hidden settings in your thermostat?  All
> of those settings I talked about are in the hidden "install menu".

Not a chance ...

> HTH

Yes.

> John the blabbering gadget freak