On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:49:50 -0600 "Kaleb C. Striplin"
<ka...@striplin.net> wrote:

> actually, I think this one is better
>
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/971317/insane_car_battery_hack/
>
> Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> >
> > Anyone ever try this? Hard to believe!
> >
> > http://www.metacafe.com/watch/824477/6_volt_battery_hack_youll_be_amazed/

I had a vague recollection of dismantling a 6 volt lantern battery years
ago and seeing something other than AA batteries, but, hey, maybe they
have changed things. The first one was almost believable, until I saw the
second one.

Now on the it-really-is-true-and-you-can-save-money side, if you have an
older HP calculator (HP10C, HP12C, HP15C), they use three A76, LR44, SR44,
or 357. These, at Radio Shack, cost about $5, making it rather pricey to
re-power one's calculator. The 4LR44 or 4SR44 battery, however, REALLY
DOES have four of the cells inside a metal can, and they cost about the
same. The young sales clerk was astounded when I bought a 4LR44 and opened
it up in front of him, placed three of the cells in my calculator, and had
one left over.

Craig