Rich,

Where is your "here"?

Chuck
Phoenix AZ
On Feb 22, 2009, at 8:59 PM, Rich Thomas wrote:

So about 3 weeks ago I was sitting in my home office looking out the window and saw about 30 or 40 vultures in the woods about 100 ft away by a low swampy area. Went out later to investigate and there was a small dead deer, 2 pointer, half eaten in the woods. I noticed both rear lower legs had been neatly cut at an angle, like with a very sharp knife. Hmmmm thinks I, something bit right through those bones, which were maybe 1/2" diameter, very cleanly. Having seen the black panther and taken pics of its tracks right near where I found the deer, I go looking in the swampy area, and sho nuff found the big cat tracks, fresh. The deer had both rear legs and innards nicely eaten and bones gnawed, and turning it over, one front leg neatly cleaned off too. The vultures finished up the next day, and then the other scavengers cleaned it pretty good. I found what was left of the carcass yesterday, dragged some ways off. Hung the remainder from a tree branch, a Mad Max kind of thing.

Have not seen the panther since, but keep looking.

And I am told that panthers don't live here, but everyone I talk to sees them now and again.

--R

Craig McCluskey wrote:
Six deer this afternoon.

Craig