From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Making a 2000 Dodge 2500 diesel "Biodiesel ready"
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:57:16 -0400
Message: 4

Kevin wrote:
> There was something about a weak timing cover in the cummins,
> can't remember if it was on the 24v engines or the 12v engines.

All I can remember is the killer dowel pin, which was fixed somewhere
around 1996-1998 IIRC.

I think it wasn't a problem after 1998

I'm a new Dodge/Cumming Truck owner but I learned real quick that MY truck was a possible candidate for the KDP ..... The "killer dowl pin" is in the block and is for aliening the timing case. Allot have fallen OUT , best case scenario, cracked timing case, worst case gets ugly and expensive :'(. I had mine taken care of by a "big rig" shop owner, friend. he charged my $200, which I think is good :-) I wasn't ready to dig into that Cummins, YET its allot different than my little 240Ds. Heres a good place to start for Dodge/Cummins info and theres are more. http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ or for bio http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/415106403. Allot of chit chat over there is about the dreaded KDP, Sigh, I dont have nightmares anymore :-)

Regards   Steve Van Cleve
Marrowstone Isl Wa

"85" Euro 240D 5 spd 110K
"79" 240D 5spd  fresh tranny transplan
"82" Euro 300 TD non turbo, project wagon
"94" Dodge, 2500, 5 spd, 5.9 Cummins, 95K
.