Hi Andrew

I'll be interested in replies to this.

I've lived with a jittery speedo since an indy barbarian screwed up a speedo recalibration 180,000 miles ago.

The fix has always been to replace the cable. In all other respects, everything seems to be fine. Cable takes the correct path from go-to-wo, and the speedo itself has checked out OK.
However, it seems to me that I'm replacing the cable far too often.

The jitter problem is most accentuated during summer when the wagon (normally garaged) sees more of the sun on the dashboard.
Cheers

Euan
1985 300TD 5-spd manual
215K mi