Tom Scordato wrote:
Marshal please chime in. I guess I use it because that is what I have done for the last two years since I got the car. (tradition un hampered by progress?)

If there is an advantage to the 5w 40 for the 617.9XX non turbo engine I would like to hear it. 95% of my driving is long highway distance.

The biggest advantages of using the M-1 T&SUV 5W-40 is that it's got the finest diesel specific blend and additive package that I know of and it costs less than M-1 EXT 15W50. Your engine might not require all of the good things that T&SUV M-1 offers, but they will hurt NOTHING and since the oil is cheaper, what the heck - go for it. T&SUV uses only group IV & V base stock so is a FULL synthetic.

Warning - I'm SURE that M-1 (and every other motor oil) will increase substantially in price soon! As long a crude is selling for $60+ a barrel, motor oil will go up in price.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi