The 300 block came in my SDL, the 350 head was found on Ebay.

Luther

Rich Thomas wrote:
Where would one find a 300 block? Did you have that and put on the 350 head?

--R

Luther wrote:
My SDL is a 300 block and 350 head.

Luther

Jim Cathey wrote:
6-cylinder OM603 350SD turbo diesel. We have to advice against the 350SD because of its tendency to develop cracks in the cylinder head. Best buy is the 300SDL, both because of the long wheelbase option and the better performance (145 HP against 120 HP of the OM617).

So, this car I looked at supposedly had a bad head gasket, this seems to suggest cracking head could be a problem. Anyone have an (relevant) opinion? If I got this thing would it be a boat anchor, or if the head is indeed cracked, would a good one be findable?

300SDL heads crack, 350SDL rods bend.  350 heads on 300 bottoms
is what works.

-- Jim
--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark