> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:33:09 -0500
> From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
> Subject: [MBZ] OT, front loading washers
>
> Thinking about replacing my 10 year old top loading Maytag.  Anybody
> have one of these front loaders, or have shopped for them?  Best brand
> to look at?  Ones to stay away from.  Was looking at those Frigidairs
> but they seem kind of flimsy.  Wondered about LG and samsung as compared
> to say, a Maytag which I am used to.  I know Maytag has always been the
> best in the past.
> --
> Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
>  95 E300, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,
>  89 300E, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D x2,
>  84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D,
> http://www.okiebenz.com

Take what you can with a sample size of 1 but we've had a Frigidaire from
Lowes for just over three years now.  Only issue has been  an occasional
slight dribble from the front door w/really full load, which appears to be
nearly universal for these puppies.

I got the extended warranty b/c of the history of these being problems in
the past and relatively new tech for the US manufacturers building them.
Washer has paid for itself with reduced hot/warm water consumption, reduced
demand from our well is a bonus.  Much easier on clothes but these do retain
some water and you'll likely get mold at some point esp. if the door is kept
shut.

Tony Wirtel