andrew,

1. ideally, you would heat in a 55 gallon steel drum
to dewater
2. pre-filter through thick denim into another barrel
3. pump (northertool.com - 1/2 or 1/4 hp clear water
pump is $40) into a
4. GE water filter ($40 at Home Depot) that filters to
5-15 microns.

In my AKP-Wagen, I simply filter through denim and
dump in tank, but that is playing with fire.

I will soon set up a much better system. Do carry
extra filters. Luther has been running 60% mixes or
so. Someone reported 75-80% mixes with the remainder
being Kero (it's thinner than D2). It will obviously
gel much faster in cold weather than D2.

Chris

http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
> > > -1987 300TD, 149K miles, "Rotkäppchen"
> > > -1976 240D, ManyK miles, "AKP-Wagen"
> (Alternativen Kraftstoffs
> > > Prüfenlastwagen = Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
> running
> > > WVO/WMO/LO/WATF/WGL/Kero/D2 mix (do not attempt
> this unless you are willing
> > > to sacrifice your IP and/or injectors, etc.)
> > >
> > > -1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 101K miles, "The Van" -
> FOR SALE!!!! $6500 (and
> > > that's a good deal).

> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1987 300TD, 149K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running WVO/WMO/LO/WATF/WGL/Kero/D2 mix (do
not attempt this unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors,
pre-chambers, etc.)

http://mail.yahoo.com