Add.... trunk lid at the lower outside corners, and possibly around jacking
points

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of OK Don
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 9:09 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rust on a 450SLC - where to look

Floorboards under the carpet (leaking sunroof), Above the headlight buckets
inside the front fenders - shows up as bubbles on top of the front
fendersjust behind the headlights when it's bad. Bottom skirts of the read
fenders behind the wheels. Rear deck at the bottom of the rear window.
I'm sure there are other places, but these are ones I'm aware of.

>Looking at an SLC on Saturday. Wondering where to look for rust. It is a
California car, >so it won't be quite as easy to find. Wondering where the
hidden demons might be.