A couple months ago my Olympus point and shoot digital cam went through the
wash (stupid cargo pants). So today I stopped at Worst Buy to see what was out
there. I'd noticed some Samsung cams in the Sunday ads. I've got a Samsung
computer monitor which is the best I've ever used so I was hopeful.
I purposely looked at the Samsung last, checked out a couple Canons, couple
Nikons. Decided I didn't want a cam that used AA batteries, wanted one with a
bigish screen and one that the lens came out quickly on (one of the Canons was
very pokey).
The nice thing at Worst Buy is they have the cameras grouped roughly by price.
I drifted back and forth from about $100 through $180.
Finally tried the Samsung, instantly knew it was the camera I wanted, it just
felt better than all the others. They had 2 models, a 12MP and 10MP, I ended up
with the 10MP, it was $50 cheaper and I don't think I'll miss the extra pixels,
my Olympus was only 8MP, the Fuji I used all winter is only 2MP...

So things I really like:
Wheel to change shooting modes
Red eye repair flash mode
Button to control the flash mode
Button to go into playback mode without going into camera mode first (my
Olympus wouldn't)
USB battery charger so when you're pulling pics you're charging the battery.

Things I don't really like:
Its blue...

-Curt