From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Dwight E. Giles, Jr
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 8:41 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] No preglow indicator lite, no start

Glenn,
I had to drive my 240D through a terrible rain storm last week-lost the
alternator completely and finally the battery-had to get a ride home on the
AAA maxi taxi.  I recall other problems on the list with 123
alternators-that would be my guess.
Dwight

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
1978 240D 4 speed. 218K miles.