From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 4:52 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] w201 on Mythbusters

I suspect a tow behind trailer from the '70s is quite like today, AFAIK
they're all a wooden framed structure on a metal base. Theres a guy not far
from me who was, when metals prices were very high, taking old camper
trailers for free disposal, stripping the aluminum siding for scrap, burning
the wood structure in his outside boiler, repainting the base, decking it
and selling them for what looked to be pretty good utility trailers.

In the Mad Max clip you can clearly see the car coming down off the
trailer's floor, I'd guess for the "Hollywood Magic" (Sydney magic?) they'd
put a ramp on the far side of the trailer so the car jumped up into the
trailer, shot through, and landed on the near side.

-Curt