The car made it home fine, I'll diagnose it tomorrow.

Luther

Luther wrote:
My dad is on his way south from MN and is in Kiesper, IA and is having vacuum issues. He has weak brakes, the car takes a long time to shut off, and the door locks don't move very quickly. He does not have a vacuum gauge. He is going to find an adjustable wrench to remove the hose from the brake booster and see if it's booster related or pump related. Are there any of you IA folks that might be able to assist? He thinks the car will make it south without repairs, if he drives slower and keeps long following distances. TIA all.

(blah, I just had a thought and I'm having him try shutting off the car with his foot on the brake. Would this point at the booster, or not? i.e. if the car shuts off like normal, the booster is at fault)

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (281,xxx mi)