Gary,

So, you think the Germans, Japanese and Koreans are better? Obviously, you
don't remember history.

The first Toyota cars were so dismal that they could not give then away in
this country. The only Toyota that would sell in this country for years was
the Land Cruiser.

The first Honda cars were death traps - they were so bad in the early 70s
that our Government forced them to stop selling until they got their act
together.

Then there were the mid-late Toyotas that would impale you on the steering
column if you were unfortunate enough to be the driver of the car and had an
accident without your seatbelt on. BTW, this problem was solved by GM in the
60s and GM thought the design improvement was so important that they gave it
to the auto industry. The design was the collapsible steering column. All of
the American auto makers adopted the design, Toyota did not. BTW, Mercedes
did adopt their version of the design.

Let's not forget Mercedes with their single roller timing chain engine that
would fail in less than 100,000 miles - this was the 380 released in the
late 80s. The 280 engine that would leak oil profusely from under the cam
carrier & maybe replacing the gaskets would work, maybe not. You also had
the W107 sub-frame cracking issue, the late 60s diesel issue, the list goes
on & on.

Oh, and the more recent Mercedes 320 engine that would sludge up & die if
you used Dino oil even though Dino oil was approved by Mercedes. Mercedes
refused to fix this one until they lost a class action lawsuit.

I'm not saying there aren't issues with the "big three". But if you believe
that the Japanese, German, Italian or Korean auto makers don't mock the
American public, you are wrong. Their crap is no better than ours.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
http://www.kegkits.com/JABF/