Not quite sure what you mean by the charge light. Eight idiot lights
(everything except the SRS) remain lit when the car is running, including
the battery and alternator idiot lights.

Looking at the alternator, I did notice two things. A plastic cover that is
on the back of the alternator was completely loose -- whatever screws were
supposed to be holding it to the alternator were gone (KALEB!!!), and when
moving the wire bundle that goes to the alternator, there is the occasional
distinct "crack" of an electrical spark.

--
The only absolute is that everything is relative.  --Henri de Saint Simon