Frybrid is in this for profit. Please show me independent and repeatable research that shows where VO (WVO or SVO) will not cause long term damage to an engine. In 5 years of being around WVO/biodiesel, no one has shown me this research. VO must be heated over 350F to make the viscosity similar to diesel.

A quote from the Frybrid website:
"
The simplest way to explain this is with a simple analogy: Imagine placing a pan on the stove, pouring a small amount of vegetable oil in the pan, and turning the heat to high. The pan will begin to heat up and as it does it will heat the oil, around 300F the oil will start to smoke, then turn black, stick to the pan, and destroy it. Now put out the fire, open all the doors and windows and allow the air to clear.*
"
*
BUZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTT, WRONG!  Fries are cooked in oil at temps around 350F!
"
On a typical day at McDonald's, oil temperature in the fryer averages about 340 degrees F. So when a cook grabs strips of icy potatoes out of the freezer and tosses them into hot oil, water in the potatoes immediately begins to evaporate. Bubbles and steam emerge, creating an enormous cycle of heat transfer between the oil and the potato. The process, Farkas says, may be the most important factor in producing the texture of the final fried product.
"
from http://ucdavismagazine.ucdavis.edu/issues/su01/feature_2.html

or
"
Cooking time in 360 degree F Oil
"
from http://www.mvproduce.com/ffries.html

And for the smoke points of different oils:
"

  1. Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point> lists the
     smoke points of some popular oils as:
         * Canola oil (Refined): 468 degrees Fahrenheit (242 degrees
           Celsius)
         * Corn oil (Refined): 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees
           Celsius)
         * Grapeseed oil: 420 degrees Fahrenheit (216 degrees Celsius)
         * Lard: 370 degrees Fahrenheit (182 degrees Celsius)
         * Peanut oil (Refined): 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees
           Celsius)
         * Safflower oil (Refined): 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees
           Celsius)
         * Sunflower oil (Semirefined): 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232
           degrees Celsius)
         * Vegetable shortening: 360 degrees Fahrenheit (182 degrees
           Celsius)
               o These smoke points are not set in stone, as much
                 depends on the oil brand and refinement process
                 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_oil>. A general
                 rule is that lighter, more refined oils have higher
                 smoke points <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_oil>.

"
from http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Deep_Fry_Anything

Given that Frybrid blatantly lies about the smoke point of VO, what else in their "bibliography of research papers" is stretching the truth or a blatant lie? Oh yes, the wonders of the internet, where you can say anything you want and find P.T. Barnum suckers all day long.....

Luther, still not sold on vegetable oil as a diesel fuel substitute

Michael E. Esh wrote:
Here is the site of the system I am currently using to burn waste vegetable
oil. (WVO)  I simple filter the oil using a small centrifuge.  I do not
process it into bio diesel.  What I am doing is very safe.  This site
explains the process very clearly.
http://www.frybrid.com/svo.htm

Thanks,

mike