Kickdown switch stuck closed or kickdown solenoid is stuck in activated position. Both of those match your symptoms 100% and other defects would have other symptoms. What gives it away is the car dropping into first when leaving a stop. That is activated by the kickdown mechanism or by manually downshifting the shift selector. Bowden cable should not activate 1st on the 722.3xx.

Quick test: remove the electrical connector at the kickdown solenoid. Passenger side, tail of the trans., single round connector in black plastic. If the problem stops, look to the switch, if not look to the solenoid.

Regards,

Mathieu Cama

Old World Automotive
Lawrenceville, GA