On Sat, 16 May 2009 09:22:34 -0400 E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> for that screw, maybe try an allen wrench, not a socket, and put a small
> matching wrench on the hex part of the shaft.  I know not the standard
> way of doing things, but when all else fairs, you do what you gotta do.
> lol.  Oh yeah, and watch your fingers.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks. I remembered one of the special tools that Dave Meiman made and
figured I would get a 5mm Allen wrench and cut off some on each leg so it
would fit. Now I just need to get the wrench.

I borrowed a longer Allen wrench from a neighbor which proved sufficient
to remove the screw underneath the plastic shield (the third one holding
it on). I guess one needs a new set of "special" tools for each type of
car.

Craig