From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Rich Thomas
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:04 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Letter from a Dodge Dealer

Part of the rationale was that too many dealers was making buying/selling a car too competitive and the customers were getting prices that were "too low."

I will leave the analysis of that reasoning to the reader.

--R

Tom Hargrave wrote:
The answer to this letter & many others like it is simple.

As part of the bankruptcy, Chrysler had no choice but to trim back to only
strong, profitable dealerships. The alternative to this decision is for
all
dealerships to shut down, then everyone looses.

So, is it fair? No. But Chrysler has no choice and the dealerships have no
choice. Apparently, this dealership did not meet the standards needed to
stay open.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com