'Surprised how nicely this one worked last Sat. We arrived way early; sat with the car idling and keeping us nice and cool for an hour.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Frederick" <psf...@earthlink.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 evapectomy anniversary

Nice to hear it's still working well!

I have discovered another cause of "poor cooling" after switching to R134a -- a bad monovalve. Drove my mother's TE to work yesterday to pick up a used TV antenna (which didn't arrive as it turned out, long story), and found that just like my second 300D, it blows hot air forever with the AC compressor not running. It also fails to heat well, same cause I suspect. A monovalve that doesn't close will add enough heat at idle to make the car too warm -- just as if there wasn't enough cooling capacity, since there isn't with added heat!

Peter