After the Compass / CVR / Rav4 /Subaru looking one of the folks my wife
works with just listed a 1994 S320 for $5,500, but 'will make me a good deal
on it'.  It is a third car and is not being driven.  From the total mileage
it has been driven less than 10k per year over its life.  He had the
transmission redone last year  - and [unfortunately] put on new 20" tires
and custom rims.   He says the paint and interior are perfect and everything
works.  He also claims to be able to get as high as 28 MPG highway with an
easy foot on the pedal, but does say when you put your foot in it, it does
not get good mileage.

I suspect the rims will probably turn us off,  but if the rest of the car is
not too scary we might pay to have an evaluation done.  I can't recall if
this is one of the ones with wiring harness problems, and I know that this
model has a history of evaporator problems and I think oil leaks from the
head.

What other thoughts about the good and bad  do you have about this car?

Thanks - BillR