Thanks, Mitch.
Gerry
-----------------------------------
archer wrote:
I just meant streaming video that would work without a lot of pauses.
Both the PC laptop with 1.5 gigs and the desktop with 2.4 gigs do streaming video well with very few interruptions.
Ever since CPUs were measured in Ghz instead of Mhz, glitches in video streaming
are usually from throughput on the source when watched from the internet.

My 400 Mhz Cyrex CPU and slow motherboard integrated video had some minor
problems with watching video, the 2.66Ghz Intel Celeron (crippled Pentium 4) that replaced it could simultaneously record and play (timeshift a TV show) at up to DVD Long Play resolution, but if I recorded at full standard DVD rates I had to disable timeshift. (I like to start watching a one hour TV show 10-20 minutes after it begins, and skip commercials as I watch. That way I finish watching about time the broadcast is finished.) my new 2.5Ghz AMD dual core can do any play/record functions I might want, but
encoding and burning a DVD in Vista DVD Maker takes a couple of hours.
Mitch.