Jim -
I'm not really sure if it is any different than the solvent based Weldwood
stuff. I surely wouldn't get the water based stuff because in my experience
it just is not as good. I bought a can of the genuine stuff about 12 years
ago and it was like $10 for a half liter can. Even if it cost twice as much
at today's prices it would seem like with a job like this I wouldn't want to
take the chance. FWIW the can of genuine stuff had gone off after about a
year in the sealed can. You might want to ask for a can that hasn't been
sitting on the shelf for a while.

Barry

I'm gathering myself up to replace the soft top on Ethelred
soon (a week or two) and I'm wondering if I really need the
special MB cement, or whether the usual hardware store contact
cement (Weldwood, in this case) is really the same stuff.
Anybody have an opinion?  Any other thoughts or suggestions?