well, i mean, if you don't want to create any new images, then it's not any
sort of issue to you.  i used to like making images.  and then i stopped
liking it.  and now i like it again.

i've tried to get into camcorders, but they are a pain in the ass and just
aren't useful to me.  the cheap camera let's you make short films within the
scope of your abilities.  for example:

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3086381480089947248PrtDNf

this 12 second quicktime film is a record to document being at a certain
place at a certain time.  it also discusses the issue of perspective while
telling a joke.  it's pretty much what you might have done on the 8mm,
albeit in a more compact form, but it really doesn't merit carrying around
the camcorder for.  the film can be phone or email ready in a matter of
moments.