'Nice and quiet all night last night; 'guess the motorcycle fool/nut doesn't have his bike fixed yet.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:13 PM
Subject: OT - motorcycles and noise

For several months, some cycle nut within a coupla blocks of here has been riding his very loud motorcycle around the neighborhood very aggressively. Whenever he accelerates, it seems to be at full throttle, even when on cross streets going block-to-block - accelerate at full throttle for first part of block, stop for stop sign, accelerate at full throttle, stop for stop sign, etc. It's most annoying at midnight 'til wee hours of the morning. 'Coupla nights ago at 1 AM , he came through in the typical loud and aggressive manner, and SWMBO call police; their response was, "We'll send somebody out." 'Course by the time anybody got here, offender was long gone, and all was quiet. About mid-afternoon yesterday, I heard screeching sound and some "commotion" on my side street and at its intersection with through street out front. I hobbled to kitchen, looked out window toward corner and saw nothing. 'Few minutes later SWMBO came in from side yard. I asked her what was the noise a few minutes before. She said the guy with the loud motorcycle was coming up side street very fast; as he was approaching stop at through street, his helmet blew off. This must have distracted him for a moment; he wobbled, then realized he needed to stop, applied lotsa brake resulting in body and machine tumbling through the intersection. By the time I looked out, he must have been behind bushes or a tree. SWMBO said he got up and rolled the cycle away with slight limp. This morning I noticed a long skid mark and little piles of broken plastic in the street and intersection; my thought, "Couldn't have happened to a better one." 'Didn't hear the loud and very annoying cycle last night. 'Glad he wasn't hurt terribly bad and much glader he didn't hurt somebody else - yet.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>