A random orbital sander does a nice job of taking stuff down quickly with heavier grits and then smoothing things nicely with finer grits. You can get up to like 220 or 250 grit discs, but if you use the worn out ones they can make stuff really smooth. Or then just go over with the finer stuff by hand.

--R

LarryT wrote:
Hi Gang - My W124 91 300D has some scratches on the rear bumper cover. It's plastic and I'm hoping to find a way to clean up the scratches and then repaint it.

    I assume I should start with 800 grit sandpaper and then move to 1200-1500
grit until it's smooth - then I can shoot it with Diamond Blue.

Is that about right? Any better methods to use? Any power tools that would make it easier?

Thanks for the help-
LarryT
91 300D 2.5 T

Read the Constitution