freak things happen all the time, mostly from other people doing it to my
cars.  if liability weren't required, i imagine that my uninsured motorist
coverage would go through the roof.  it costs enough already given that the
"mexicans" don't generally carry any insurance and, as they are largely
illegals anyway, run whenever they get into a crash.

i generally carry everything but collision, except on the saturn where
collision only costs like 100 bucks extra a year.