That sounds like what happened on my 1981 300SD when the motor mounts went
bad.  It got worse quickly and got quite loud until replaced.
Bill R

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Zoltan Finks
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:11 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] New Vibrations 190D - motor mount??

For those who are annoyed by questions that make you go "duh" please
disregard:
Recently, our 87 190D has developed a major engine-related vibration. Makes
vibration noises from the interior parts never heard before.

The thing is suddenly an annoying, vibrating, noisy, cheap-sounding car.
Especially bad just upon startup (when of course the engine is a little bit
rough-running for a few seconds).

Motor mount/s?

Didn't happen right away after the accident - wife says it started a couple
weeks later.

I opened the driver's door during the vibration to see if maybe the car's
frame was bent enough to be making the door rub. But thankfully, nope.

Brian