From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:15:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [MBZ] OT: speeding

Got my first speeding ticket tonight, 35 in a 20. I thought I was on an
unposted stretch of road, which in town would default to a 30 limit. I
cant prove I was not going 35 but seems a stretch given the road. It's
a very twisty road through a wooded area with a park.

Based on the presence of the park the limit is 20. I did not recall
seeing any signage to this effect so I drove back over my route and
found ONE 20 mph sign but it was partially obscured by spray paint
vandalism.

Thinking of contesting the ticket. I'm going back in the morning to
take photos of the sign and document the lack of any "PARK ZONE" or
additional speed limit signs. Anyone have a feeling whether a judge
would dismiss this at a bench trial?

Allan
--
1983 300D