Old Model Ms have a removable cable. I'm pretty sure all one needs to do to switch from AT to PS/2 is to plug in the cable with a PS/2 connector on one end.

I believe I am typing this e-mail right now on one that was originally an AT keyboard when I found it in a trash can, and has since been "upgraded" to PS/2.

Tyler

Mitch Haley wrote:
tyler wrote:
I use the old (mid 80s) keyboards as the quality gradually went down over time. They don't have a windows/apple key, but I simply remap the "caps lock" for that purpose, as I've never found any use for that key, except for accidentally bumping it.

I've got a couple of originals, circa 1982 with the ten function keys up the side. Very heavy, and very good keyswitches. There were adapters to plug them into AT motherboards at one time. I wonder if you could stack the PC to AT adapter and the AT to PS/2 adapter to hook one up to a modern motherboard?

Mitch.