This email is worthless without attachments :D. Those pics are probably pretty cool.

-Rolf

archer wrote:

From: "WILTON"
Started to drive an Air Force car leisurely up it (well a little way,
anyway) in Feb '78, but it started snowing, and I "finked out" and turned back. 'Couldn't take the chance on possibly having to "splain" why I had an
Air Force car stuck on or off in a ravine on Pike's Peak.
Wilton
Got some pictures of my uncle, an Indiana Ford dealer, who made a trip in a model T and drove it up Pikes Peak when it was (I think) a dirt road. This was during the 19-teens or 1920s. There were very few hotels (motels hadn't been invented yet) along the way, so they slept in a tent that was especially designed to attach to the Model T touring car they drove. I think Pikes Peak was as far as they drove west.
Gerry