On a slightly different point, what you mention about the staffer giving his
viewpoint priority points to the major problem with term limits.  The
elected positions of congress are pretty much overwhelming in terms of
needing to know everything about everything coming before the legislature,
so they have to rely on staffers until they are well versed in a given
subject.  The longer a person stays, in theory they will actually get to
know an increasing number of areas reasonably well.  A mandatory turnover of
elected officials elevates the non-elected staff to being the only ones who
are the experts on nearly every issue, so they end up being responsible for
even more legislation than they are responsible for now [don't they write
just about all of it?], and with fewer checks to their power.  I don't think
term limits are a bad idea, even with that.  I also think most professors
need to spend at least one of every five years in the real world doing the
thing they teach.  I have many such fantasies.

Another fantasy [?] is that someone out there has a replacement passenger
seat control switch to replace the one I destroyed a couple of weeks ago.
The dual position switch with headrest adjustment was the one we had so my
son wired it in to control the non-memory seat on my '81 300SD.  With that
much custom wiring having been done I think it would be best to replace it
with the same one we rigged to work before.  Kaleb? Anybody?  I have a
baggie full of small springs and pivots and such - all I could find of the
exploding switch I had in there.

BillR